Hotel Front Desk Agent
Company: Belmond Charleston Place
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Responsible for professionally greeting guest in and out of the
hotel in an efficient and cordial manner, assisting guests as
needed and knowledgeably sell hotel, its programs and amenities.
Candidate will answer incoming calls, receive and forward faxes.
Candidate must have excellent telephone etiquette and be able to
handle heavy volume calls. Must be able to handle cash efficiently
and possess computer skills. Minimum 1 year front desk experience
strongly preferred. Located at the very heart of downtown
Charleston, in the historic district and within walking distance of
all the major attractions, Belmond Charleston Place makes every
guest feel part of this great Southern city. A gathering point for
local society, this luxury hotel blends gentility and old-world
charm with a leading-edge spa and innovative cuisine. Renowned as
Charleston's finest accommodations, its first class meeting and
event facilities are complemented by 'The Club', a private
concierge level. Leisure activities include relaxing by the rooftop
pool, dining in the award-winning Charleston Grill and browsing the
exclusive boutiques. Requirements
- Be thoroughly familiar with all check-in and check-out
procedures and the AM and PM checklist.
- Provide a strong sense of arrival and welcome; greet all guests
in a friendly, warm, and efficient manner.
- Acknowledge (verbally and by name when possible) and register
guests, including verifying accommodations on the computer,
obtaining vouchers when necessary, establishing guest credit via
credit card or credit deposit, completing forms, entering
information into the computer and programming room keys.
- Relay pertinent information regarding accommodations and assist
with questions pertaining to and/or booking reservations.
- Contact various departments to fill guests' needs.
- Enter all guest information into the computer.
- Make room changes for guests based on availability.
- Handle and count large amounts of money accurately and
- Exchange foreign currency, cash traveler's checks and personal
checks, balance cash bank and assume responsibility for
- Post charges to guest accounts; transfer charges/credits; run
necessary computer reports.
- Assist with luggage and storage and delivery concerns.
- Anticipate and handle guest issues and concerns.
- Escort VIP's to rooms whenever possible.
- Practice aggressive hospitality at all times.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel features/services, outlets, hours
of operation, etc.
- Practice emergency procedures in compliance with hotel/company
standards; react and assist in hotel emergency situations as
- Observe standards for the department in image, appearance, and
grooming; properly represent the company and the profession to
outside organizations and the community.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all guest and general
- Assist in other areas as needed. Ability to communicate with
hotel guests and employees to their understanding. Ability to
provide friendly, efficient and courteous service to guests.
Ability to access, input and retrieve information on the computer
system. Ability to calculate. Ability to work independently and
exercise judgment to resolve personnel and production issues that
arise during daily operations. Ability to handle the stress
inherent in interacting with co-employees and resolving guest
problems. Ability work under pressure, be organized, self-motivated
and work well with others. Strong positive attitude and ability to
initiate light conversation with guests. Basic knowledge of
Charleston and surrounding areas. Ability to provide legible
communication. Must be able to complete work in a timely, accurate
and thorough manner. Ability to work effectively and relate well
with senior management and colleagues. Understanding of the luxury
hotel environment. Additional foreign language skills a plus.
EOE/DFWP Benefits Belmond Charleston Place provides a comprehensive
benefits package for full-time employees including medical, dental,
vision, disability, life and AD&D insurance. You are eligible
for the majority of these plans after 60 days of full-time
employment. The effective date will be the first of the month
following your 60th day worked. We also offer 401(k) retirement
savings plan, paid vacation and holidays, as well as tuition
Keywords: Belmond Charleston Place, Charleston , Hotel Front Desk Agent, Sales , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!