Loss Prevention Agent
Company: Belmond Charleston Place
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Successful candidate will ensure guests, associates and hotel property are maintained in a safe and secure environment. Previous security experience preferred. Customer service skills necessary. You must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays. Position is for second shift. Located at the very heart of downtown Charleston, in the historic district and within walking distance of all the major attractions, Belmond Charleston Place makes every guest feel part of this great Southern city. A gathering point for local society, this luxury hotel blends gentility and old-world charm with a leading-edge spa and innovative cuisine. Renowned as Charleston's finest accommodations, its first class meeting and event facilities are complemented by 'The Club', a private concierge level. Leisure activities include relaxing by the rooftop pool, dining in the award-winning Charleston Grill and browsing the exclusive boutiques. Requirements Monitor and patrol assigned areas to provide a safe environment for guests and employees and to minimize opportunities for loss or damage. Act to deter any agent or element from jeopardizing persons or property in or about the hotel's facilities.
- Ensure that the Hotel and its employees and guests are protected at all times.
- Review department log records and be familiar with pertinent information relevant to the daily shift. Review the hotel status and follow up actions with the previous shift officer.
- Issue radios and keys to designated hotel personnel. Maintain accurate records and ensure the safekeeping of such in accordance to hotel procedures.
- Check employee ID's and ensure employees clock-in in accordance with hotel standards.
- Ensure all non-hotel personnel arriving at employee entrance are properly escorted while on property according to hotel policy.
- Inspect employee packages, purses, bags, etc. as employees enter or leave the property as designated by hotel policy.
- Provide escorts for employees in accordance with departmental standards.
- Ensure that after hours access into secured hotel areas are properly authorized, monitored and documented in accordance with hotel standards.
- Handle deliveries received during non-business hours following hotel procedures.
- Work with outside agencies (i.e., police) cooperatively and follow established hotel regulations.
- Coordinate emergency situations as specified in departmental manual.
- Contact the Director of Loss Prevention immediately for emergency situations as specified in departmental manual.
- Monitor surveillance cameras as assigned.
- Investigate duress alarms and comply with respective procedures.
- Patrol the property with specified equipment, checking all designated points and document all actions taken in accordance with departmental standards.
- Resolve safety hazard situations.
- Ensure all guest room doors are secured; assist guests with room access in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Challenge suspicious persons on hotel property in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Conduct designated investigations into theft or lost items, noise complaints, assault complaints, and other guest complaints; complete documented reports.
- Respond to the scene of guest/employee accident promptly; administer first aid/CPR; communicate specified information to EMS/medical personnel as required.
- Comply with state regulations and hotel guidelines for handling intoxicated guests.
- Report to scenes of vehicles accidents/thefts and document specified information.
- Document, organize and store all lost and found items given to Loss Prevention; document guest inquiries for lost items and coordinate return of lost items to guests.
- Comply with guest requests for storing and safekeeping of their valuables.
- Maintain confidentiality of all Loss Prevention and hotel reports/documents; release information only to authorized individuals.
- Promote positive relations with guests and employees alike.
- Communicate by radio with designated hotel personnel.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness and working condition of departmental equipment, supplies and work areas.
- Legibly complete required reports; document all pertinent information in the logbook daily.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving. Review hotel status and any follow-up actions with on-coming Loss Prevention Officer.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests.
- Ensure service to all guests follows established standards, is consistent, efficient and courteous.
- Maintain complete knowledge of: all hotel features/services, hours of operation; all room types, numbers, layout, and locations; locations of smoke detectors, fire exit doors, and fire extinguishers on all floors; cut-off locations of main water, gas and electricity lines; daily house count and expected arrivals/departures; previous day's pickup and anticipated business levels; scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times.
- Be knowledgeable of, implement, communicate, and comply with policies of Belmond Hotels, Belmond Charleston Place and its Hotel Human Resources Department.
- Ensure security and confidentiality of all guest and hotel information. Must have criminal-free record. Certification in CPR, first aid, and alcohol awareness program. Knowledge of local, state and federal laws applicable to hotel safety and security. Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and employees to their understanding. Computer proficient. Ability to provide legible communication. Ability to think clearly, analyze and resolve problems and exercise good under high pressure or emergency situations. Ability to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner. Ability to work effectively and relate well with senior management, colleagues, subordinates, and individuals inside and outside the hotel. Ability to ascertain guests'/employees' needs and comply with such to ensure guest/employee satisfaction. Ability to work without direct supervision. Ability to recognize suspicious human behavior, which poses a threat to persons or property. Ability to endure abundant physical movements in performing job functions. Ability to remain at assigned post for extended periods of time. Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments. Ability to remain calm, courteous and professional with demanding/difficult guests and/or threatening situations. Knowledge of fire and building codes. Understanding of the luxury hotel environment. Preferred: ability to communicate in a second language, preferably Spanish. EOE/DFWP Benefits Belmond Charleston Place provides a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, disability, life and AD&D insurance. You are eligible for the majority of these plans after 60 days of full-time employment. The effective date will be the first of the month following your 60th day worked. We also offer 401(k) retirement savings plan, paid vacation and holidays, as well as tuition assistance.
Keywords: Belmond Charleston Place, Charleston , Loss Prevention Agent, Sales , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!