Company: Belmond Charleston Place
Posted on: January 12, 2019
Candidate will ensure that all painting and related needs of the internal and external customers are met in a manner that meets or exceeds the hotel specifications and standards. Must have a working knowledge of all aspects of painting, wallpaper, drywall repairs, etc. Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move equipment, supplies, etc. Typical hours are Monday - Friday, however must be able to work a flexible schedule to include evenings, weekends, and holidays if needed. 500 dollar sign on bonus after six months of employment with no documentation.Requirements
- Maintain adequate inventory of paint supplies.
- Learn and understand all building systems and their proper function.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel features/services, hours of operation, daily house count and expected arrivals/departures, etc. to ensure work orders are scheduled around critical times.
- Complete assignments from log book daily; complete all assigned work orders daily.
- Learn proper operation and maintenance of equipment and stay up-to-date on new equipment.
- Maintain adequate inventory of needed parts and supplies.
- Observe standards for the department in image, appearance, and grooming; properly represent the company and the profession to outside organizations; return business calls the same day.
- Maintain safe conditions and procedures in work areas and other associated areas in compliance with OSHA.
- Practice emergency procedures in compliance with hotel/company standards; react and assist in hotel emergency situations as needed.
- Help to maintain all equipment so that less than 20% of all engineering personnel time is spent on reactive maintenance.
- Assist in other areas as needed.
Ability to communicate with hotel guests, suppliers, and employees to their understanding. Ability to provide legible communication. Ability to compute mathematical calculations. Ability to read and understand blueprints and schematics. Ability to think clearly under high pressure or emergency situations. Ability to troubleshoot and repair all mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems in a timely manner. Must be able to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner.Ability to work effectively and relate well with senior management, colleagues, subordinates, and individuals inside and outside the hotel.Knowledge of fire and building codes. Understanding of the luxury & quality environment.
BenefitsBelmond Charleston Place provides a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, disability, life and AD&D insurance. You are eligible for the majority of these plans after 60 days of full-time employment. The effective date will be the first of the month following your 60th day worked. We also offer 401(k) retirement savings plan, paid vacation and holidays, as well as tuition assistance.
Keywords: Belmond Charleston Place, Charleston , Painter, Professions , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!