Line Cook - Winter 23/24- Positions Starting at $15/hour! Affordable Employee Housing Available!
Company: Snowshoe Mountain
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Please note, this position is located at Snowshoe Mountain
Resort inSnowshoe, West VirginiaSeasonal (Seasonal)
We are looking for people who are passionate about life and what
they do. People who love the mountain lifestyle and who want to be
at Snowshoe! We seek qualified candidates that exemplify our Core
Values of Performance, Integrity, Collaboration, Environment, and
most of all Fun!
Our goal at Snowshoe is to provide exceptional mountain experiences
for our guests, employees, and community. We do so by embracing
authenticity, celebrating our differences, and finding ways we can
all connect through our shared passion for the mountain. At
Snowshoe everyone is welcome, and we encourage you to be yourself.
Simply put, you belong up here and we can't wait to see you on the
Work, Play, Get Paid and Enjoy the Perks:
- Free skiing + riding privileges with direct to lift access at
14 iconic resorts including: Snowshoe Mountain, Stratton, Palisades
Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat and more!
- 401(k) plan (Available to any employee over the age of 18)
- 12 Discounted Friends and Family $25 Winter Lift Ticket
- 30% - 45% off Snowshoe food & beverage locations (excludes
- 30% off soft goods and 15% off hard goods at Snowshoe owned
- Pro Deals from some of the industries top brands such as
Smartwool, Smith, Dakine and North Face
Affordable employee housing!
Join us for the Winter 23/24 season! Have you always had a love for
cooking and now you are ready to kick it up a notch? Join our
culinary department as a Line Cook. We are hiring Line Cooks of all
skill level and experience. We have a wide variety of dining
outlets ranging from high-volume, fast paced restaurants to
upscale, full service restaurants and everything in between to meet
our applicants where they are in skill and experience. Apply today
to build on your culinary passion and hone your skills.
RESORT OVERVIEW: Our goal at Snowshoe is to provide exceptional
mountain experiences for our guests, employees, and community. We
do so by embracing authenticity, celebrating our differences, and
finding ways we can all connect through our shared passion for the
mountain. At Snowshoe everyone is welcome, and we encourage you to
be yourself. We hope to see you soon.
- Stock inventory and set up kitchen stations will all necessary
- Pre-preparing food for service (i.e., chopping, cutting,
mixing, or prepping sauces)
- Cook menu items in collaboration with the rest of the kitchen
- Ensure workstation and kitchen are kept clean
- Ensure menu items come out equally in high quality and timely
- Practice nutrition and sanitation requirements by proper food
handling and storage
- Precisely and consistently deliver on guest food orders by
following recipes and instructions
- Prepare plate menu items, as ordered, per specifications on hot
food production line with strict attention to detail, speed, and
- Safely prepare food by using knives, ovens, grills, warming
trays and other restaurant cooking instruments
- Prepare and stock ingredients for other meals, set up as per
posted instructions, prepare recipe per standardized recipes and
- Other tasks as assigned by Executive/Sous Chef or Kitchen
This job description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job
tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and
position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
- 0-3 years of culinary experience (required experience depends
on placement into Line Cook I, II or III)
- Familiar with industry best practices
- Culinary degree or 3+ years of resort culinary experience (Line
An Equal Opportunity EmployerRequired
Keywords: Snowshoe Mountain, Charleston , Line Cook - Winter 23/24- Positions Starting at $15/hour! Affordable Employee Housing Available!, Other , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!