Company: Nexstar Media Group Inc.
Posted on: November 24, 2022
WOWK 13 News (and wowktv.com) is looking for a self-motivated
digital content producer to join the top-ranked digital news
platform in the Charleston-Huntington Tri-State area. The ideal
candidate must have strong editorial and news judgement skills and
experience producing digital content in a high-pressure television
news environment. They must be able to closely collaborate with a
team while being able to work independently.
* Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Produce digital content for all of WOWK's digital platforms,
including but not limited to websites, apps and social media
* Excel in breaking news situations, accurately reporting and
updating information as it happens online
* Work closely with assignment editors, broadcast producers and
newsroom managers to coordinate three-screen synergy (TV, digital,
mobile) around news coverage
* Identify compelling, unique stories of interest to our local
audience and be a bold voice at editorial meetings to make sure
these stories are heard on digital
* Use various metrics to identify digital content priority and
placement decisions to grow digital audiences
* Copy edit content written by others and correct errors, grammar
and punctuation following prescribed editorial style and formatting
* Ensure all content meets company standards for journalistic
integrity and production quality.
* Specialized Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
* Strong working knowledge and experience with an online CMS
(Knowledge of WordPress is a plus)
* Strong grasp of posting to various social media channels,
including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and IGTV
* Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational
* Write in a smart, conversational and shareable manner with a
creative format and AP style
* Basic Photoshop and editing skills
* Basic HTML knowledge
* Ability to shoot mobile video for digital platforms a plus
* Bachelors degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree
preferred. Three (3) years minimum experience as a digital news
producer or digital journalist preferred. Experience in writing,
producing and editing content on a desktop editing system.
* Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements:
* High stress office environment with deadline pressures. Position
will require you to prioritize tasks and multitask daily, and well
as manage multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in
direction and priority. You must be able to work outside of normal
business hours, including nights and weekends.
Keywords: Nexstar Media Group Inc., Charleston , Digital Producer, Other , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!