Physical Therapist Assistant-Home Health
Company: LHC Group
Posted on: October 10, 2021
The Home Health Physical Therapist
Assistant (PTA, LPTA) performs treatment and provides exercise
instruction and patient education aimed at improving/enhancing the
patient's well-being while following the established plan of
HOMECARE, a part of LHC Group, is the preferred
post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families
nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute
care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality,
cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health
at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have
partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the
home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group,
because we are united by a single, shared
purpose: It's all about helping
- Under the supervision of a Physical Therapist, is at all times
responsible to follow all state specific laws governing the
provision of physical therapy in home care, to follow the treatment
set only as defined by the Physical Therapist; to perform only
procedures that he/she is qualified and trained to perform and to
make all recommendations for changes in the plan of care to the
supervising Physical Therapist.
- Following the plan of care, instructs and aids patients in
active and passive exercise, muscle re-education, gait, functional,
ADL, transfer, safety, and prosthetic training.
- Observes, records, and reports to the supervising PT, the
supervising nurse, and/or the physician the patient's response to
treatment and changes in the patient's condition.
- Instructs patient, family, caregiver, and other members of the
health care team in the areas of therapy in which they can
participate to assist the patient.
- Visits patient according to Plan of Treatment; complete a
progress note for each visit and submits progress notes per LHC
- Participates in developing the Plan of Treatment.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as
- Adheres to LHC Therapy Standards of Practice in provision of
services to all patients.
Education & Experience
- Current licensed, registered, or certified to assist in the
practice of physical therapy in state of practice.
- Current CPR certification is required.
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Keywords: LHC Group, Charleston , Physical Therapist Assistant-Home Health, Other , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!