Full Time - Flex Year-Round (9-11.5 Months)
RESORT OVERVIEW, CULTURE AND
Snowshoe is the premier destination for
Mid-Atlantic and Southeast skiers, snowboarders and winter
enthusiasts. We offer 257 acres of skiable terrain, 1500 vertical
feet, 57 trails and the best snow around. Enjoy our world class
events, cool mountain temperatures, beautiful vistas and 11,000
acres of unspoiled wilderness.
Our organizational values describe our shared beliefs, the
principles important to our organization; how we want to treat each
other and our guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (list in order of
This position is responsible for the following “job
- Maintains working format by assigning and directing work
- Addressing and resolving complaints achieves guest satisfaction
by ensuring quality service
- Assures the staff follows state and company rules and
regulations properly by maintaining all health code regulations and
employee handbook guide
- Maintains good rapport with staff by being helpful and
knowledgeable about the outlet and resort
- Ensures proper revenue at the end of the shift by completing
and balancing all reports and money
- Covers any position which may be absent on a shift by being
able to perform all duties such as: bartender, server or
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
This job description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job
tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and
position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or GED
to 6 months of supervisory experience
Any Alterra employee or volunteer who operates a company vehicle
including cars, trucks, snowcats, snowmobiles, or heavy equipment
is required to comply with the Alterra Driver’s Standards Policy.
This policy also applies to employees or volunteers driving their
personal vehicles for company business more than four times per
month, averaging 30+ miles per trip. All drivers should receive a
full copy of the Alterra Driver’s Standards Policy; if you have not
– please contact your Risk/Safety or HR/EE Department.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and
Food Service Environment:
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate
and controlled and the noise level in the work environment is
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8
hours in length at a time over an average shift of 8 hours.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and
talk or hear.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and taste or
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds on a regular and
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving
mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including but not
limited to: non slip footwear and gloves.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions
An Equal Opportunity