POSITION: Accounting and Administrative Assistant
COMPANY: Mountain State Insurance Agency
LOCATION: Charleston, WV
Mountain State Insurance is seeking a quality-oriented, problem
solving candidate for the position of Accounting and Administrative
Assistant.The Accounting and Administrative Assistants primary
responsibilities will be to perform various accounting,
administrative, and human resource duties.This position will act as
an on-site office administrator for the agency while backing up the
Controller. Additionally, the successful Accounting and
Administrative assistant will be given the opportunity to take on
special projects for senior leadership that will benefit the agency
and further their professional development.
EXPECTATIONS AND DUTIES:
- Handling day to day processing of vendor payables.
- Handling daily cash receipts application and deposits to
- Completing expense reports for producers and management.
- Enrolling and terminating benefits for new and separating
- Administering payroll and the 401K
- Trouble shooting daily IT issues for all employees and
escalating to the IT vendor when needed.
- Managing all employee and carrier licensing and maintaining
online data base for both.
- Coordinating miscellaneous building vendors and
- Drafting internal and external communications as needed.
- Handling various special projects.
- Bookkeeping skills and experience required
- Minimum of Associate in accounting preferred
- Proficient computer skills (Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel,
- Demonstrated communication and writing skills
- High comfort and ability learning new computer programs
ABOUT MOUNTAIN STATE INSURANCE AGENCY:
Mountain State Insurance Agency utilizes experience and
expertise to provide premier risk management solutions to
businesses and individuals in West Virginia and the surrounding
area. We work to have a clear understanding of the unique needs of
our clients and to provide practical solutions. With credentialed
staff, including licensed lawyers on staff, Mountain State stays
ahead of trends in the industry. We go about our business with
uncompromising ethics, integrity, passion, professionalism, and
Mountain State prides itself on being an employer of choice by
ensuring competitive compensation, providing health insurance and
other benefits, and encouraging the professional development of our
team members through continuing education.
Mountain State Insurance Agency relationships built on