Student Support Specialist - ( 2105892 )
We are the world's learning company with more than 24,000
employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class
educational content and assessment,powered by services and
technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized
learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so
We value diversity and inclusion. We value the power of
inclusive culture, so we embed diversity and inclusion in
everything we do.
Pearson promotes a company culture where differences are
embraced as strengths, opportunities are equal and accessible,
consideration and respect are the norm, and all employees are given
the chance to reach their full potential.Through our talent, we
believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and
vibrant company. People are at the center of our company. We are
committed to a sustainable environment and workplace ecosystem
where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson's commitment to a diverse and
inclusive workforce please click here.
The Student Support Specialist's primary responsibility is to
build an effective, trusting relationship with each student that
ultimately promotes student persistence. This includes
communicating with the student in an effective manner, setting
goals, advising students on effective problem solving, assessing
student risk factors and responding accordingly. The Student
Support Specialist is responsible for representing the University
or College brand and providing students with the institutional
information, guidelines, policies and procedures regarding new and
returning student enrollments. This includes providing academic
course requirements, course registration, and timelines to complete
all items regarding their degree program or course of study.
Additionally, this position is responsible for managing accurate
student information regarding their progress throughout the degree
* Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not
limited to, the following:
* Guide and Monitor students' progress regarding issues such as
student orientation, course selection and registration, course
materials, billing and navigating the online courses.
* Provide high touch support to students and act as the
student's main point of contact during their program of study.
* Follow established communication plan guidelines and
* Contact each new student to conduct a Learning Preparedness
Assessment or similar process, including leading new student
welcome/orientation calls. Communicate course information and
required course materials to students to ensure preparedness well
in advance of course start dates.
* Evaluate student's abilities, interests and personality
characteristics in order to provide regular guidance and support
* Timely response to student's inquiries - if a student inquires
before noon a response is required by end of the current business
day, if the student inquires after noon, a response is required
before noon the next business.
* Completes all tasks as defined in the timelines assigned.
* Proactively contact students by telephone, email and other
methods to build and maintain relationships.
* Acclimate new students to the learning environment including
leading new student welcome/orientation calls and webinars.
* Advise students on university administrative matters
(registration, withdrawal, course materials, financial aid,
* Maintain accurate and complete student enrollment records as
required by university governance and all laws, policies and
administrative regulations and policies, to include keeping
accurate information in the CRM.
* Follow up with students that contacted Technical Support to
ensure their issue is resolved.
* Identify and respond to at-risk behaviors by offering
additional support and counseling.
* Meet or exceed student retention program metrics each
* Implement re-engagement initiatives to bring inactive students
back into the program.
* Accurately and effectively communicate student feedback to
internal and external departments.
* Escalate student retention concerns to Manager's
* Facilitate student requests for assistance such as contacting
campus based facilitators for arranging additional academic
tutoring and referring students to the appropriate university
* Attend all required internal and external professional
meetings, telephone conferences and training workshops to maintain
and improve competence.
* Using communication tools and protocol, share relevant
information with other key stakeholders.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including
minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.
* 4-year degree from an accredited institution OR appropriate
combination of experience and education.
* Minimum 1 year of previous Higher Education Administration or
Student Services work experience desired.
* 2 years previous customer service experience in a high volume
corporate or call center environment.
* Ability to work effectively across teams.
* Professional oral, written and communication skills for
effective contact and presentation with stakeholders.
* The ability to multi-task, and work well under pressure with
* Must be able to perform non-local travel up to 10%.
Primary Location : US-RE-Remote
Other Locations : CA-ON-Toronto
Job : Learning Delivery
Organization : North America
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Entry Level
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : May 28, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2105892