The 'Apply with SEEK' option will be utilized for International
applicants, mainly Australia. If this does not apply to you please
use the 'Apply' option.
Compliance Specialist Sr
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join
Sedgwick's talented team of 27,000 colleagues around the globe.
Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits
and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the
heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations
count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they
face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether
they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or
damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto
or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the
birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to
provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend
on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable
assets-their employees, their customers and their property. At
Sedgwick, caring counts. Join our team of creative and caring
people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the
lives of others.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To ensure compliance with worker's compensation
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides claim oversight to ensure timely filing of forms and
- Assists in delivery of focused jurisdictional compliance
training, including coaching, mentoring, and group training as
- Assists in coordination and implementation of compliance
initiatives at local level.
- Develops and provides reporting on penalty and compliance
issues through assigned area(s).
- Maintains technical claims and jurisdictional expertise; keeps
abreast of state regulatory changes and enhancements.
- Provides trend analysis and reporting
- Supports relationships with state regulators to enhance
Sedgwick's reputation and standing within the assigned
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
Four years of related experience or equivalent combination of
education and experience required to include three (3) years of
technically advanced claims handling experience and three (3) years
of compliance experience. Experience in claims management or
related area is preferred. One (1) year of service with the company
Skills & Knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of claims management practices and
- Good knowledge of claims management system(s)
- Strong knowledge of state regulatory compliance standards
- Knowledge of query and report writing
- Good oral and written communication, including presentation
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Good Excel skills
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Leadership/management/motivational skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent
judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and
discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to
handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
The statements contained in this document are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a
colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to
constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local
variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change
the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free