Manager - Little General Stores
Company: Little General Stores
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Employer: Little General Stores
Position Overview: The Retail Store Manager's goal
is to operate a clean, safe, and profitable retail convenience
store where customers like to shop and employees like to work. The
Store Manager works closely with the Area Supervisor and the
Corporate Office to recruit and manage a strong team, offer a wide
variety of products and services in a progressive retail
environment, and develop long-term relationships with their
customers and employees. Must be minimum eighteen (18) years of age
to sell tobacco and lottery products and twenty-one (21) years of
age to sell alcohol.
Position Classification: Full Time
Position Reports To: Retail Supervisor
Position Manages: Assistant Managers, Customer
Service Representative, Deli Manager, Deli
Clerks, Retail Food Service Manager
Minimum Education: High School diploma or GED
preferred. Basic computer skills required.
Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry boxes and /or equipment
weighing up to 50 pounds;
Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time (90%),
Ability to climb, balance, reach, grab, stoop, crawl, bend, and
crouch for extended periods;
Ability to use close, distant, color and peripheral vision, depth
perception and visual focus.
Ability to smell and identify odors;
Ability to clearly hear and interpret voice commands and telephone
1. Recruit, provide training for, and manage all employees.
2. Represent Little General in a professional manner with all
employees, customers and vendors.
3. Fully understand Little General policies and procedures as
defined in the Manager's Manual.
4. Communicate and enforce all handbook and Company policies.
5. Schedule labor in accordance with federal wage and hour
6. Provide employee coaching and document progressive discipline
7. Ensure that all store premises and equipment are clean, secure,
safe, and properly maintained.
8. Promote enrollment and regular participation in all Loyalty
Programs. (Plenti, BP, etc.)
9. Inventory, promote, display, and price the appropriate variety
of products and services to produce
projected sales and profits.
10. Safeguard and manage all store funds, merchandise, and gasoline
11. Work in cooperation with Food Service Manager to share building
12. Reduce operating costs by monitoring and managing all
13. Complete and transmit (via computer) all required reports and
documentation in a timely manner.
14. Report any problems to Retail Area Supervisor.
15. Submit ideas and suggestions for operational improvement to
Manager's Advisory Board.
16. Other duties as may be assigned.
Keywords: Little General Stores, Charleston , Manager - Little General Stores, Other , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!