Company: TC Energy
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Reference Code: 63262
Location: United States (US) - Charleston, WV
Job Category: Project Services
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our
Application Deadline: 01/27/2020
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us
light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our
quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is
to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it
across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and
collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely,
reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our
presence across the continent, our people play an active role in
building strong communities.
We re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and
benefits society, every day. We re looking for new team members who
share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our GPMC East Facilities team is evolving to meet the needs of our
growing business and we are expanding our presence in West Virginia
to support the execution of engineering and design activities
pertaining to project delivery throughout Charleston and the
We are seeking an experienced project coordinator who will be
responsible for ensuring capital projects and programs meet
performance metrics, are adequately planned for, and are
strategically aligned with the Company s objectives. The project
coordinator is aligned with the project team and other functional
groups to manage project constraints (i.e. cost, schedule, risk) to
maximize benefit, minimize cost, and reduce risks.
This individual must be a solid facilitator, capable of working
with minimal supervision, who possesses strategic decision making,
problem solving, and written and verbal communication skills.
What you ll do
* Coordinate project activities to support project manager (PM) in
determining scope of work
* Coordinate project activities to develop, update and maintain the
project execution plan (PEP)
* Ensure changes in scope and/or cost are incorporated into cost
* Coordinate and/or facilitate meetings and prepare weekly status
* Manage the risk register, and update and distribute
* Work with PM to develop risk management plan
* Partner with project schedulers and project controller to ensure
linkage of project cost, risk and schedule; attend scheduling and
forecast sessions; highlight adverse schedule and/or cost variances
for corrective actions
* Assemble project updates from project team members and present
for review to the project manager
* Assist with preparation of the monthly project scans/scorecards
* Work with project team to assemble required documentation for
gate readiness and/or assurance reviews
* Prepare and provide formal presentations as needed
* Analyze variances in cost and schedule performance against the
baseline estimate and schedule, and communicates reasons for
variances to project management; ensure cost and schedule reporting
are in alignment
* Act as liaison between project team and functional groups to
coordinate activities that directly affect project execution
* Document supplier and contractor performance issues and partner
with the Quality team to mitigate
* Coordinate with the Quality team and other functional groups to
ensure corrective actions are implemented as required
* Provide strategy recommendations to project manager when plans
must change given the regulatory, contractual, or other
environmental factors influencing the project
* Apply changes after approval to project plans throughout the
project life cycle
* Collect project data for PHMSA reporting as required
* Other tasks as required
* Bachelor s degree or graduation from a technical college
* 2 or more years of related experience
* Knowledge and experience with PMI s project management body of
* PMP certifications and AACEI certifications
* Knowledge of project and portfolio management processes, policies
* Knowledge of financial and earned value analysis concepts, tools
This position requires candidates to
* Travel to other company locations for temporary assignments,
meetings or training which would involve some overnight stays away
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North
America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas
pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our
operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34
Our 57,500-mile natural gas pipeline network is positioned in two
of the most prolific and lowest cost basins in North America the
Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) and the Appalachian
Basin. Our systems are well placed to meet the continent s growing
demand for clean-burning natural gas by connecting the supply in
these basins to important and growing markets across the continent.
We supply more than 25 per cent of the clean-burning natural gas
consumed daily across North America.
Apply to this posting by 01/27/2020 using reference code 63262. You
must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only
applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged.
Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or desktop /
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the
E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media
channels for our latest news, employee stories, community
activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be
offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country
in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal
and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
Nearest Major Market: Charleston West Virginia
Job Segment: Engineer, Law, Temporary, Project Manager, Risk
Management, Engineering, Legal, Contract, Technology, Finance.
Keywords: TC Energy, Charleston , Project Coordinator, Other , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!