Support Software Engineer, Senior
Posted on: October 12, 2019
BI Support Engineer
We are looking for an exceptional Business Intelligence Support
Engineer for our Customer Support Services.
- Analyzing customer s Business Intelligence product configuration
& troubleshooting issues with deep analysis of data architecture,
modeling, reporting and dashboards.
- Troubleshooting Star schema and Snowflake design models with a
deep understanding of Data Warehousing concepts.
- Resolving data modeling issues for Birst customers.
- Troubleshooting and resolving complex SQL scripting issues.
- Troubleshooting application and database event logs, system
Backup & Recovery, application Load balancing/clustering
- Managing multiple incidents & problems while working in high
- Working independently and with minimal supervision to complete
tasks and assignments as directed.
- Coordinating with internal product and hosting teams to ensure
timely resolution of customer issues.
- Contributing to our ever growing Knowledge Base Articles.
- Identifying and promoting opportunities to reduce the amount of
direct support required through product improvements, training,
online support, and self-service.
- Bachelor s degree, preferably in computer science
- Excellent analytical & logical problem-solving skills
- 2 to 6 years of experience with one or more Business Intelligence
tools like Microstrategy, Business Objects, Cognos, OBIEE and
- 1 to 3 years of experience in SQL with common RDBMS like SQL
Server, Oracle, Teradata, MySQL, Postgres etc.
- Ability to write and debug complex SQL
- Exposure to data modeling for data warehousing- star, snowflake
- Exposure to ETL, Data Integration tools like Informatica,
Microsoft SSIS, Data Stage, Data Integrator, etc. is a plus.
Knowledge of high availability & performance tuning techniques in
SQL Server Administration is a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce.com (SFDC), CRM or SAP is a big
- Knowledge of Windows architecture, HTML, XML and an understanding
of the internet is a big plus.
- Ability to take leadership of issues and drive them to closure
High energy, passion and drive for success.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, the ability
to manage conflict, and scheduling flexibility
- Prior experience of working in a technical support environment is
- Willingness to work off hours as needed.
Infor does not discriminate in employment opportunities or
practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status,
protected veterans, military service obligation, citizenship
status, individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic
protected by law applicable to the state in which you work.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act
or similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations
related to applying for employment at our company, please contact
Human Resources at 470-548-7173 and/or ADAAA@infor.com
Applicants to and employees of most United States private
employers, state and local governments, educational institutions,
employment agencies and labor organizations are protected under
Federal law from discrimination. For additional information please
see EEO is the Law poster, the EEO Supplemental as well as the
Statement of Policy..
Keywords: Infor, Charleston , Support Software Engineer, Senior, IT / Software / Systems , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!