Company: TC Energy
Posted on: September 17, 2020
Reference Code: 67101
Location: United States (US) - Charleston, WV
Job Category: Information Technology/Systems
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our
Application Deadline: 09/30/2020
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us
light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our
quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is
to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it
across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and
collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely,
reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our
presence across the continent, our people play an active role in
building strong communities.
We re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and
benefits society, every day. We re looking for new team members who
share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our information Services (IS) Real Time Systems team is evolving to
meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our
presence in Charleston, WV to support our Information Services
Department. Reporting to Manager, US Real Time Systems the
Applications Developer will be responsible and accountable for
performing application system production support, maintenance,
development and testing; performing System Administration and
Change Management functions in accordance with defined procedures;
providing stable and reliable 24/7/365 operation of application
services that meet business desired Service Levels.
We are seeking a highly driven Application Developer who has
knowledge and experience in developing, supporting and maintaining
What you ll do
The Applications Developer will be expected to:
* Be proficient with one or more of the common software development
tools and methods such as C#, the .NET environment, XML, Web
* Have knowledge of MS Windows, MS SQL Server, MS Windows Server,
MS Visio and MS Project.
* Have knowledge of cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services
and either be certified or be able to become certified in one or
more cloud roles.
* Have an understanding of relational database design concepts
(table structure; one-to-many relationships) and how to query data
using Structured Query Language (SQL)
* Have an understanding of the fundamentals of project
* Develop system application deliverables such as screen layouts,
graphical user interfaces, reports, system interfaces, test
scripts, and training documents with moderate to limited management
* Assist outside vendors/suppliers of software or services with the
resolution of any issues impacting the applications they
* Develop and maintain at high quality system documentation
including process maps, data flows, infrastructure diagrams, as
well as installation and configuration procedures.
* Provide estimates of work effort
* Proactively provide ideas to improve proposed solutions;
* Actively participate in application design, database design,
schema layout and data loading;
* Actively participate in code walkthroughs/inspections as per the
software development process and Quality Management Plan;
* Prepare sample data and unit test plans;
* Troubleshoot and correct complex bugs or issues (including
* Develop and execute unit and integration tests;
* Assist in the set up and execution of demonstrations as
* Align work efforts with project schedules/work plans;
* Interact with customers, coworkers, and end users
* Perform other tasks as required.
* In addition to the items under the Essential Responsibilities for
this position, the candidate should:
* Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
* Have excellent interpersonal/team-building skills
* Be willing to travel to business unit locations, as needed
* Be self-motivated and proactive
* Demonstrate strong organizational skills
* Demonstrate exceptional teamwork, communication and customer
* Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by
respecting others' perspectives/convictions, engaging others'
opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and
opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external
* Respect and take into consideration diversity within your
Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different
world views, challenges and cultures that represent all walks of
life and all backgrounds.
* Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate
in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.
* Have the desire and ability to work under tight deadlines and
perform problem solving in high priority situations.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management,
Engineering, Business Analysis or have equivalent experience.
* Minimum 5 years of relevant industry experience;
* Minimum 5 years of software development experience using:
* WebAPI/MVC design patterns
* HTML, CSS
* General understanding or specific knowledge of any IT application
associated with the Natural Gas Industry is a plus.
* Working knowledge of statistics, calculus, discrete math
* Familiarity with analytics platforms like Jupyter Notebooks,
SageMaker and PowerBI
* Proficiency with MS Office tools such as Word, Excel, SharePoint,
* Proficiency with AWS Lambda
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North
America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas
pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our
operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34
Apply to this posting by 09/30/2020 using reference code 67101. You
must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only
applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged.
Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or desktop /
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the
E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media
channels for our latest news, employee stories, community
activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be
offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country
in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal
and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
Nearest Major Market: Charleston West Virginia
Job Segment: Application Developer, Developer, Quality Manager,
Database, Engineer, Technology, Quality, Engineering.
Keywords: TC Energy, Charleston , Application Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!