Palmetto Cafe Server
Company: Belmond Charleston Place
Posted on: August 13, 2019
Successful candidate will be responsible for taking guest food and
beverage orders and serving them in a courteous and efficient
manner, maintain station set-up and complete any and all assigned
duties. Food and beverage knowledge required. Must be flexible to
work all shifts to include weekends and holidays. Drawing
inspiration from Charleston's famed courtyard gardens, The Palmetto
Cafe is a juxtaposition of outside and in, new and traditional, and
most importantly - Charleston. Hours: Breakfast 6:30AM to 10:30AM
and lunch 11:30AM to 3:00PM Awards: Four Diamond (the only Four
Diamond breakfast/lunch restaurant in South Carolina) Requirements
- Provide a strong sense of welcome; greet all guests in a
genuinely friendly warm manner, using names when possible.
- Seat guests using the rotation sheet when Host Person and
Manager or Supervisor are busy.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all Palmetto Caf-- menu items,
ingredients, specials, beverages, etc.
- Inform guests about specials and the buffet.
- Take guests' orders, using upselling and suggestive
- Complete station set-up, breakdown and side work.
- Constantly check tables and side stands during shift.
- Ensure service to all guests follows established standards, is
consistent, efficient and courteous.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all
guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Observe standards for the department in image, appearance, and
grooming; properly represent the company and the profession to
outside organizations and the community.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all guest and general
- Assist in other areas as needed. Ability to communicate in
English with hotel guests, suppliers, and employees to their
understanding. Ability to provide friendly, efficient and courteous
service to guests. Ability to access, input and retrieve
information on the computer system. Ability to memorize menus.
Ability to handle the stress inherent in interacting with
co-employees and resolving guests' problems. Ability work under
pressure, be organized, self-motivated and work well with others.
Strong positive attitude and ability to initiate light conversation
with guests. Ability to provide legible communication. Ability to
complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner. Knowledge
of find dining service. Additional foreign language skills a plus.
EOE/DFWP Benefits Belmond Charleston Place provides a comprehensive
benefits package for full-time employees including medical, dental,
vision, disability, life and AD&D insurance. You are eligible
for the majority of these plans after 60 days of full-time
employment. The effective date will be the first of the month
following your 60th day worked. We also offer 401(k) retirement
savings plan, paid vacation and holidays, as well as tuition
Keywords: Belmond Charleston Place, Charleston , Palmetto Cafe Server, Hospitality & Tourism , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!