Company: Delaware North
Posted on: March 17, 2019
Our Exciting Work EnvironmentMardi Gras Casino and Resort boasts over 90,000 square feet of gaming entertainment and up to 1,000 slots and 150 gorgeous guest rooms. If you're looking to find some excitement in the restaurant scene, then check out the variety of dining options. There's something for everyone from a quick bite between games to a luxurious gourmet dinner. Mardi Gras Casino & Resort has mouth-watering cuisine to pamper your every craving. From traditional American cuisine to exotic Cajun fare, our expert chefs can please even the most discriminating palate.Are you a resourceful chef who holds your kitchen to a very high standard and knows how to train and motivate your staff to deliver a consistently great experience day after day? Whenever you see an opportunity to improve the customer experience, you can't help but take action! This position is ideal for someone who enjoys a challenge!#LI-AT1Responsibilities
- Assisting the Executive Chef with daily supervision and production of kitchen operations.
- Responsible for the overall management of the kitchen including overseeing activities of supervisors, cooks and utility. Coordination and participation in kitchen operations is the main focus while monitoring food & labor costs.
- Plan menus, maintaining financial responsibility for the menu mix.
- Oversees inventory of food product and coordinates product ordering and receiving within corporate specifications.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen to comply with State and local Health Department RegulationsQualifications
- Three years Culinary Arts experience, including previous experience in a management role. More specifically, experience in high volume operation.
- Must have experience supervising personnel.
- Knowledge of restaurant operations including casual, fine dining and catering.
- Associates Degree in Culinary Arts and ServSafe Certification Preferred.
- Familiarity with monitoring of food and labor cost, menu development and costing.
- Familiarity with ordering and inventory procedures.
- Strong organizational, communication and PC skills.
- A commitment to excellence in guest service is essential.
- Must be able to obtain a State Gaming License.
- Must be able to obtain ACF Certification within the first 2 years of employment.
- Candidate must perform a Culinary Practical.Who We AreTake your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Delaware North, Charleston , Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!