Company: Belmond Charleston Place
Posted on: February 15, 2019
The Chef Tournant will possess the skills required to execute & supervise all stations in the kitchen and will assist when help is needed in order to support the Executive Chef and all Food & Beverage departments. Ideal candidate will be able to follow recipes and standards, train employees, and maintain health department, food quality, and restaurant standards. Will create and foster a sanitary, productive, and team oriented work environment. Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include evenings, weekends and holidays. Requirements
- Oversee and manage multiple culinary operations along with culinary management team to include Executive Chef.
- Train and supervise subordinate employees.
- Schedule production work for subordinate employees.
- Check staffing, uniforms, and daily production sheets.
- Review quality of product.
- Coordinate units of kitchen operation.
- Assist with controlling food costs and requisitioning necessary supplies.
- Ensure proper sanitation and maintenance of kitchen equipment and kitchen operation.
- Ensure that meals are prepared and delivered on time and in acceptable quantity and quality.
- Meet with the Executive Steward to review equipment needs, banquet plate up assistance, cleaning schedule/project status, health/safety and sanitation follow up.
- Review the daily activities; check the following: house count, forecasted covers for each outlet, catering activity, purchases, meetings, appointments, and VIP/special guests.
- Practice emergency procedures in compliance with hotel/company standards; react and assist in hotel emergency situations as needed.
- Inspect the cleanliness of the line, floor, and all kitchen stations. Ensure kitchen areas are in compliance with applicable HSSE laws and regulations. Direct staff to rectify any deficiencies.
- Ensure that staff maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and hotel requirements.
- Instruct staff in the correct usage and care of all machinery in the kitchen operation, stressing safety.
- Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Engineering. Contact Engineering directly for urgent repairs.
- Ensure that each kitchen work area is stocked with specified tools, supplies and equipment to meet the business demand.
- Monitor staff to ensure that they are following established safety and infection control policies and procedures including body mechanics and ergonomics.
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Assist staff in all kitchen outlets with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Assist in preparing for and working at any hotel function.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all hotel features/services and hours of operation.
- Ensure by example that Belmond philosophy is known.
- Observe standards for the department in image, appearance, and grooming; properly represent the company and the profession to outside organizations and the community.
- Be knowledgeable of, implement, communicate, and comply with policies of Belmond Charleston Place and its Hotel Human Resources Department.
- Ensure security and confidentiality of all guest and hotel information. Ability to work all stations in kitchen. Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and employees to their understanding. Ability to work a ten hour shift, five or six days per week in hot, noisy and crowded conditions. Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations. Knowledge of food cost controls. Computer proficient. Ability to provide legible communication. Ability to think clearly, analyze and resolve problems and exercise good under high pressure or emergency situations. Ability to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner. Ability to work effectively and relate well with senior management, colleagues, subordinates, and individuals inside and outside the hotel. Ability to ascertain guests'/employees' needs and comply with such to ensure guest/employee satisfaction. Ability to focus on details. Ability to input and access information into property management system. Ability to work without direct supervision. Ability to motivate hotel staff and maintain a cohesive team. Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments; delegate work. Ability to remain calm, courteous and professional with demanding/difficult guests and/or situations. Knowledge of fire and building codes. Understanding of the luxury hotel/culinary environment. Preferred: ability to communicate in a second language, preferably Spanish; certification in CPR. Benefits Belmond Charleston Place provides a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, disability, life and AD&D insurance. You are eligible for the majority of these plans after 60 days of full-time employment. The effective date will be the first of the month following your 60th day worked. We also offer 401(k) retirement savings plan, paid vacation and holidays, as well as tuition assistance.
Keywords: Belmond Charleston Place, Charleston , Chef Tournant, Hospitality & Tourism , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!