Company: Belmond Charleston Place
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Candidate will assist guests in all types of banquet functions. Must have an enthusiastic personality and prior food service experience in a Four Star environment. Must be available to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays. Must be 21 years of age. Full-time or Part-time is available. Requirements
- Ensure service to all guests at banquets, receptions, and off-premise catering functions follows established standards, is consistent, efficient and courteous.
- Set tables; place napkins on guests' laps; serve meals (food and beverages); clear tables.
- Assist with function set-up and breakdown.
- Constantly check tables and side stands during shift.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations.
- Anticipate guests' needs; respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Return unused food to the kitchen and all banquet supplies to storage areas.
- Assist with final breakdown of function room and clean-up.
- Ensure all Banquets equipment is maintained and stored properly.
- Attend all designated staff meetings and training sessions.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel features/services, outlets, hours of operation, etc.
- Practice emergency procedures in compliance with hotel/company standards; react and assist in hotel emergency situations as needed.
- Be an ambassador of the hotel and the company at all times, in and out of the work place.
- Ensure by example that the Belmond philosophy is known.
- Observe standards for the department in image, appearance, and grooming; properly represent the company and the profession to outside organizations and the community.
- Be knowledgeable of, implement, communicate, and comply with policies of Belmond, Belmond Charleston Place and its Hotel Human Resources Department.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all guest and general hotel information.
- Assist in other areas as needed. Ability to communicate fluently in English with hotel guests and employees. Ability to provide friendly, efficient and courteous service to guests. Ability work under pressure, be organized, self-motivated and work well with others. Strong positive attitude and ability to initiate light conversation with guests. Knowledge of hotel property and operating hours of each guest service area. Basic knowledge of Charleston and surrounding areas. Knowledge of proper handling and storage of food and beverage items. Ability to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner. Ability to work effectively and relate well with senior management, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the hotel. Knowledge of various food service styles (i.e. French, Russian, butler style, flamb--). Knowledge of specific room set-up styles. Knowledge of liquor laws and regulations. Understanding of the luxury hotel environment. Additional foreign language skills a plus. EOE/DFWP Benefits Belmond Charleston Place provides a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, disability, life and AD&D insurance. You are eligible for the majority of these plans after 60 days of full-time employment. The effective date will be the first of the month following your 60th day worked. We also offer 401(k) retirement savings plan, paid vacation and holidays, as well as tuition assistance.
Keywords: Belmond Charleston Place, Charleston , Banquet Server, Hospitality & Tourism , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!