Company: Belmond Charleston Place
Posted on: January 12, 2019
Candidate is responsible for providing guest information, guest services and delivering amenities. Must have experience in hospitality, excellent oral and written skills, and knowledge of Charleston area attractions, restaurants and events. Requirements
- Act as a goodwill ambassador for the hotel and the company and a liaison between our guests and the community-at-large. Practice aggressive hospitality at all times.
- Anticipate and handle guest issues and concerns in an accurate, efficient and professional manner, including booking tours, making dinner reservations; arranging for babysitting; ordering and delivering flowers, and amenities; ensuring delivery of parcels, mail and special deliveries to guest rooms; arranging for limousine, airport, and other transportation services.
- Uphold the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Remember and use guest names at all times.
- Check messages and "Today" in the Concierge Assistant; follow up on all requests.
- Experience/become familiar with as many visitor attractions as possible in order to be more informative to guests.
- Maximize participation in the local concierge association activities in order to stay informed on all Charleston has to offer visitors.
- Maintain knowledge of local restaurants.
- Maintain a cash bank.
- Send faxes; make photocopies; run errands.
- Provide a strong sense of arrival and welcome; greet all guests in a friendly, warm, and professional manner.
- Assist with delivery concerns.
- Maintain cleanliness of concierge desk and lobby area.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel features/services, outlets, hours of operation, etc.
- Practice emergency procedures in compliance with hotel/company standards; react and assist in hotel emergency situations as needed.
- Observe standards for the department in image, appearance, and grooming; properly represent the company and the profession to outside organizations and the community.
- Be knowledgeable of, implement, communicate, and comply with policies of Belmond, Belmond Charleston Place and its Human Resources Department.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all guest and general hotel information.
- Assist in other areas as needed. Well polished individual, able to represent the hotel in a very professional manner. Ability to read, write and communicate fluently and effectively in English. Ability to maintain hotel standards, policies, and procedures. Ability to go the extra mile, to provide the extra attention in order to satisfy guests' individual needs. Ability to think and analyze clearly under high pressure or deadlines. Ability to remain calm and courteous with demanding/difficult guests and/or situations. Ability to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner. Ability to focus attention on details and be able to organize, prioritize, and follow up. Ability to work effectively and relate well with senior management, colleagues, subordinates, and individuals inside and outside the hotel. Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings if necessary. Understanding of the luxury hotel environment. Additional foreign language skills a plus. EOE/DFWP Benefits Belmond Charleston Place provides a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, disability, life and AD&D insurance. You are eligible for the majority of these plans after 60 days of full-time employment. The effective date will be the first of the month following your 60th day worked. We also offer 401(k) retirement savings plan, paid vacation and holidays, as well as tuition assistance.
Keywords: Belmond Charleston Place, Charleston , Hotel Concierge, Hospitality & Tourism , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!