Bell/Valet - TIP Eligible!
Company: Snowshoe Mountain
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Please note, this position is located at Snowshoe Mountain
Resort inSnowshoe, West VirginiaSeasonal (Seasonal)
We are looking for people who are passionate about life and what
they do. People who love the mountain lifestyle and who want to be
at Snowshoe! We seek qualified candidates that exemplify our Core
Values of Performance, Integrity, Collaboration, Environment, and
most of all Fun!
Our goal at Snowshoe is to provide exceptional mountain experiences
for our guests, employees, and community. We do so by embracing
authenticity, celebrating our differences, and finding ways we can
all connect through our shared passion for the mountain. At
Snowshoe everyone is welcome, and we encourage you to be yourself.
Simply put, you belong up here and we can't wait to see you on the
Work, Play, Get Paid and Enjoy the Perks:
- Free skiing + riding privileges with direct to lift access at
14 iconic resorts including: Snowshoe Mountain, Stratton, Palisades
Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat and more!
- 401(k) plan (Available to any employee over the age of 18)
- 12 Discounted Friends and Family $25 Winter Lift Ticket
- 30% - 45% off Snowshoe food & beverage locations (excludes
- 30% off soft goods and 15% off hard goods at Snowshoe owned
- Pro Deals from some of the industries top brands such as
Smartwool, Smith, Dakine and North Face
Full Time - Seasonal: Join us for Summer 2023! Do you enjoy meeting
people from all over the world while working in a fast-paced
environment? Does helping others give you a sense of
accomplishment? Then you should join our Bell/Valet Team at
Allegheny Springs Lodge where you will assist guests with their
luggage and provide valet service. Plus this is a tipped position!
Explore the mountain in your free time, shred the slopes, or sit
back and enjoy the view. Pass your knowledge onto guests and make
this a wholesome experience. Employees get special discounts and
perks across the mountain including passes, lift tickets, rentals,
RESORT OVERVIEW, CULTURE AND VISION
Snowshoe is the premier destination for Mid-Atlantic and Southeast
skiers, snowboarders and winter enthusiasts. We offer 257 acres of
skiable terrain, 1500 vertical feet, 57 trails and the best snow
around. Enjoy our world class events, cool mountain temperatures,
beautiful vistas and 11,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness.
Our organizational values describe our shared beliefs...what's
important to us as an organization; how we want to treat each other
and our guests.
Integrity Performance Environment Fun Collaboration
- Provides parking service for guest's vehicles
- Driving the vehicles to designated parking locations
- Maintains a system for parking and retrieving of vehicles
- Putting keys in proper locations, allowing easy access for
other attendants to locate and retrieve guest vehicles
- Provides transportation of guests and employees, when needed,
driving shuttle busses provided by the resort-lodging
- Provides luggage handling for the guests
- Unloading guest vehicles, loading luggage, ski and golf
equipment, and personal belongings of guests onto carts and pushing
carts to rooms and lockers for storage of equipment, unloading each
in correct locations and helping guests as requested with these
- Provides assistance to the concierge personnel answering phones
and being accessible to the guests
- Maintains a checklist of daily procedures logging all necessary
information, closing and locking all doors on list at times
assigned, maintain accurate records of location of vehicles, and
all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintains the shuttle buses by performing pre-trip inspections,
logging all defects, arranging for repairs, maintaining the
cleanliness of the buses and maintaining all safety equipment on
- Provides information for the guests of the resort by
maintaining knowledge of the resort and its operations daily,
providing informational literature and dispensing information as
requested by guests
- Communicates with all lodging personnel using 2-way radios
- Maintains a neat and orderly station
- Attending to detail, cleanliness and order of all guest service
locations and parking areas
- Provides for safe operation of shuttle and guest vehicles by
participating in a random drug and alcohol testing program,
understanding the basic operation of most vehicles
- Maintains a constant flow of guests & vehicles
- Adheres to guidelines provided by supervisor
- Maintains a professional image and manner by wearing the
provided uniform, speaking to guests with a positive attitude and
- Contributes to Team Effort by accomplishing related results as
This job description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job
tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and
position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Education: High school diploma or GED
- Specific Experience: Guest service, sales, or hospitality
related experience preferred
- Length of Experience: NA
Specific Certifications, Licenses Required:
Applicant is required to have a valid driver's license and the
potential to acquire a CDL (commercial driver's license) with
passenger endorsement. Incumbent must participate in a random drug
and alcohol testing program.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry
out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Any Alterra employee or volunteer who operates a company vehicle
including cars, trucks, snowcats, snowmobiles, or heavy equipment
is required to comply with the Alterra Driver's Standards Policy.
This policy also applies to employees or volunteers driving their
personal vehicles for company business more than four times per
month, averaging 30+ miles per trip. All drivers should receive a
full copy of the Alterra Driver's Standards Policy; if you have not
- please contact your Risk/Safety or HR/EE Department.
- This position has some responsibility for assisting,
instructing, directing or checking the work of others. It does not
have any formal supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and
- The primary physical environment in which this position works
is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind,
rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning,
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered
to be high. Often lifting a weight of 50 pounds throughout the day
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or
hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or
- Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and
painting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack
of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes produced in
activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of
metal products. Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and
tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Snowshoe Mountain is committed to a drug free workplace and has an
established drug testing policy. This job is identified as a safety
sensitive position and you may be tested at random during your term
An Equal Opportunity EmployerRequired
Keywords: Snowshoe Mountain, Charleston , Bell/Valet - TIP Eligible!, Hospitality & Tourism , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!