Hotel Maintenance Technician - Best Western, West Virginia
Company: Best Western West Virginia
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Hotel Maintenance Technician (Line Engineer)
SUMMARY:Keep all equipment in good repair with a minimum of
downtime by providing day-to-day maintenance of the hotel under the
direction of Engineering Management. Continually work towards and
support the improvement of engineering service to both guests and
- Report to work on time and in full uniform.
- Train and instruct other members of the staff through sharing
of knowledge and skills.
- Operate as an independent mechanic by analyzing problems,
identifying courses of action, and implementing solutions with
available resources and to a high degree of quality.
- Keep accurate completion and task records in the project files.
Set an example of continuous self-development.
- Plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of
hardware, plumbing, and electrical equipment including lamps, air
conditioners and cosmetic items.
- Clean, lubricate, protect, and otherwise maintain all tools and
equipment in the hotel. See that all tools used are returned to the
shop and secured in proper storage area.
- To protect and otherwise maintain your assigned tool pouch and
its tools at the discretion of the Engineering Management.
- Monitor systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the
system operation and to handle emergencies involving the
- Have a working knowledge of fire sprinkler and emergency power
systems. Observe and analyze energy and utilities usage in the
hotel and on the grounds.
- Look for ways to conserve energy and report any ideas to the
- Be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering
capacity to protect our guests and associates, and preserve the
building and its systems during the emergency.
- To act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the
building to its normal operating status. To inform Engineering
Management of any such emergencies.
- Be aware of all existing departmental Job Safety Analysis and
to strive to work in an accident-free manner and to create a safe
work environment for others.
- Continuously look for conditions which may endanger associates
or guests of the hotel and to take immediate action to correct any
hazardous conditions found.
- Read, log, track, and interpret readings from meters, gauges,
and other measuring units.
- Maintain a thorough log of each day's activities and problems
that occur and to ensure this information is passed on to other
- Clean all engineering areas as directed by Engineering
- Work in a neat and efficient manner, keeping work areas clean
and well organized. -
- Serve as otherwise directed or needed to help maintain the
effective and efficient operation of the hotel at the discretion of
Engineering Management or the hotel General Manager. -
- Complete all work assigned in a safe and professional manner.
Maintain communications with supervisors to ensure that all needed
materials, tools, and supplies are available or on order. -
- Follow up on any items that may be on back order. Keep
supervisor updated on assignments. -
- Provide training and technical advice to other engineers as
needed or requested. -
- Maintains a working knowledge of all federal, state, and local
laws, codes, and regulations. -
- Maintains a professional image at all times. -
- Maintains the hotel facility and related equipment in a safe
and efficient manner. -
- Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety
and security procedures and rules. -
- Reads, learns, understands, and refers to the Standard
Operating Procedures. -
- Each associate will be required to follow the rules as found in
the M&R Employee Handbook. Performs other duties as assigned by
management, of which employee is capable of performing
Keywords: Best Western West Virginia, Charleston , Hotel Maintenance Technician - Best Western, West Virginia, Hospitality & Tourism , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!