PT Physical Therapist (Home Health)
Company: Mountaineer Homecare
Posted on: October 11, 2019
Mountaineer Home Care a part of LHC Group is seeking a Phyiscal
The Physical Therapist in Home Health is responsible for the
assessment and evaluation of patient care needs related to
functional status/mobility, endurance/stamina, pain and other
medical conditions. Based on this assessment and evaluation, the
Physical Therapist works to help determine a treatment plan,
performs interventions aimed at improving and enhancing the
patient's well-being, and evaluates the patient's progress.
Mountaineer Home Care , a part of LHC Group, is the preferred
post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families
nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute
care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality,
cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health
at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have
partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the
home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group,
because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about
- Evaluates the patient's functional status and physical therapy
needs. Assists the physician in the development of the therapy plan
- Provides services within the scope of practice as defined by
the state laws governing the practice of physical therapy, in
accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other
members of the health care team.
- Observes and reports the patient's response to treatment and
any changes in his/her condition to the supervising nurse and/or
- Treats patients to relieve pain, develop and restore function,
and / or maintain maximum functioning using acceptable standards of
- Instructs and informs participating members of the health care
team, the patient, and the family/caregivers regarding the plan of
care, functional limitations, and progress toward goals.
- Visits patients according to Plan of Treatment, completes a
progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes per LHC
- Completes all patient evaluations and develops the PT plan of
care within state specific guidelines. Reports outcomes of
evaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to
supervising nurse within 24 hours of the evaluation.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as
- May supervise home health aides in lieu of a RN if physical
therapy is the only skilled service being provided and if allowed
per state regulation.
- Provides supervision of the PTA as per LHC policy.
- Prepares a written discharge summary and/or a written summary
report on patient's condition at least every 60 days.
- Provides in-service education as requested by agency
- Adheres to LHC Therapy Standards of Practice in provision of
services to all patients.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Current Physical Therapy licensure in state of practice.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Must have a current driver's license and vehicle insurance, and
access to a dependable vehicle.
Additional State Requirements
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words
today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and
unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their
trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part
of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will
challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day,
all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people.
There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the
patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this
because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist.
It---s our purpose.--
Keywords: Mountaineer Homecare, Charleston , PT Physical Therapist (Home Health), Healthcare , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!