Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: MedExpress Urgent Care
Posted on: May 19, 2019
General Position Description:The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is
responsible for ensuring the well-being of patients and for
providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other
staff while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced
practitioners, front office and clinical staff. The successful LPN
will have sound clinical acumen, strong communication skills and a
dedication to customer service and patient care. MedExpress Core
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and
models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, and Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is
clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of
- Utilizes genuine and positive communication to make each
customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team member who contributes valuable ideas and
feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing
tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursue activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms
of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:Patient Care:
- Assists the practitioner with examinations, procedures, and
other duties. Responsible for screening and accurate detailed
clinical intake of patients and updating medical records.
- Perform medical treatment as ordered by provider or established
MedExpress standing orders.
- Prepare and assist licensed medical provider with dispensing
prescribed medications (in States where applicable).
- At the direction of the medical provider must have the ability
to prepare and administer all prescribed medications including, but
not limited to, IV medications and fluid administration, IM, SQ,
PO, and intradermal medication administration.
- Complete detailed and comprehensive data collection upon
clinical intake, including appropriate evaluation of chief
complaint, medication Hx, PMH, allergies, social Hx, etc.
- Assists the provider with examinations, procedures and other
- Oversee and coordinate the daily patient care flow, assisting
and participating in all aspects of patient care for all patients
within the center.
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen
collection, exam preparation, etc.
- Complete occupational health testing including such services as
urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing and
- Apply the use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths
and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches
- Ensure the well-being of patients and for providing a positive,
supportive environment for patients and other staff.
- Complete patient referrals daily.
- Assist the provider with calling patients and informing them of
normal lab and imaging results reviewed by the provider.
- Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and/or paper
based documentation for all assessments and procedures.
- Comply with and follow policies and procedures as outlined by
- Maintains HIPAA compliance at all times.
- Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new
types of procedures, etc. Learning and Ongoing Education:
- Obtain and maintain certification to perform DOT UDS, BAT, hair
testing, and other occupational health services as assigned, and
support clinical staff as they also meet their obligation to
maintain certification and provide services.
- Maintain clinical skills and competency for all procedures and
participate in training and mentoring of other clinical staff
- Completes clinical competency evaluation/review as determined
- Maintain technical skills and apply new knowledge to position
according to MedExpress policy.
- Maintain knowledge of Medical Terminology and standards of
- Maintain knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to
establish a safe work environment.
- Read and keep up-to-date on all ME Communications.
- Complete all assigned training. Center Readiness and
- Assist in maintaining all quality control, clinic inspection,
and machine maintenance on a daily basis and report any and all
- Manage inventory of supplies; restock exam/procedure
- Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies
(i.e. OSHA, CLIA and Department of Health).
- Maintain and comply with all MedExpress, Optum and Urgent Care
Accreditation site assessment requirements.
- Maintain clinical supplies and equipment and ensure proper
storage of biohazards.
- Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment
according to protocol.
- Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between
patient visits to maintain infection control.
- Clean according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping
- Work collaboratively with Area Clinical Leadership to complete
administrative assignments, as time allows and knowledge base
supports, such as chart audits, supply inventory, quality assurance
assessment, etc. Working Relationships:
- Clinical Operations Managers and Directors.
- Center Manager, center staffed based team-members including
providers and non-providers.
- Administrative clinical partners.
Keywords: MedExpress Urgent Care, Charleston , Licensed Practical Nurse, Healthcare , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!