Physician (Chief of Primary Care)
Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Posted on: September 13, 2018
The Chief, Primary Care Service will serve as a change agent to promote quality, cost effective patient care at this 152-authorized bed 5-Star tertiary care teaching hospital dedicated to providing the highest quality of patient care and services to more than 75,000 Veterans along the South Carolina and Georgia coasts. This level 1A facility, which is currently the second fastest growing VAMC in the U.S. for percent unique patients increase with a growth rate of 8.52%, provides the full range of inpatient and outpatient care including Medical and Surgical Intensive Care, and Medical/Surgical, and has five Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC) and an annex in North Charleston, SC. CBOCs located in: Beaufort, SC, Goose Creek, SC, Myrtle Beach, SC, Savannah, GA, and Hinesville, GA. The Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center is a part of VA Southeast Network VISN 7. Charleston VAMC achieved an overall 5 Star SAIL rating for the past three years, and is currently ranked 6th for quality amongst all VAMC's. The facility also has a 7th best efficiency ranking, and scored 89.27% in the Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) - an independent review of standardized measures across 90% of U.S. health plans and facilities in both the public and private sectors. The Ralph H. Johnson VAMC is a leader in Cardiothoracic Surgery, Cardiac Care and Mental Health Care, and provides comprehensive health care with services including Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Women's Health, Cardiology, Oncology, Nephrology, and Pulmonary. The facility is the site of VA's first National Tele-Mental Health Hub, providing evidence-based psychotherapies for PTSD, etc. to Veterans from Maine to West Virginia, and to returning Soldiers at Ft. Stewart, GA. Charleston VAMC also has an extensive Homeless Program including such services as Compensated Work Therapy and the Housing and Urban Development-VA Supported Housing (HUD-VASH) program. The VAMC's Research Program has more than 95 investigators involved in 280+ projects funded at $28.8M. Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00AM-4:30PM. Weekend work as needed. Financial Disclosure Report: Not required ****Recruitment/Relocation incentive MAY BE authorized for exceptionally well qualified candidates.****Basic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below. Preferred Experience: Board Certified in Internal Medicine Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements: Light lifting, under 15 pounds, Light carrying, under 15 pounds, Use of fingers, Walking, Standing, Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other, Ability to distinguish basic colors, Hearing (aid permitted).None To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes (upload C.V. as resume document type):
- Resume VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors can be found at: The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- VA Form 10-2850
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Charleston , Physician (Chief of Primary Care), Healthcare , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!