Taxonomist - Reality Labs
Posted on: September 25, 2022
This person will focus on the strategic planning, design, and
implementation of taxonomies to help achieve goals for the Meta
Taxonomy team, such as supporting the categorizing and labeling,
machine learning and content understanding systems at Meta. The
crux of this work is in developing, maintaining, growing multiple
taxonomies for a complex, many-faceted product while integrating it
into a broader taxonomy/ontology infrastructure. The work also
includes following taxonomy management best practices, metadata and
vocabulary standards, and building cross-functional relationships.
It will also include setting strategy across multiple complex
workstreams with an emphasis on creating extensible, descriptive
taxonomies for a myriad of use cases.The person in this role will
be expected to be an experienced taxonomist able to quickly expand
knowledge domains, create taxonomies for new domains, and socialize
Taxonomist - Reality Labs Responsibilities:
1. Utilize industry best practices for taxonomy development and
2. Consult with internal product partners to expand our taxonomy to
support product and business goals while remaining faithful to
3. Help build out and establish a taxonomy program for Reality Labs
4. Experience with evaluating and implementing taxonomies to
support systems such as search systems, content management systems,
digital asset management systems, or product classification.
5. Experience communicating and presenting taxonomy principles and
6. Experience with systems and business analysis.
7. 5+ years of experience in developing taxonomies/or ontologies to
support a variety of systems both for front-end and back-end
8. Experience with a variety of topic/domain types and complexity
9. Experience with developing complex taxonomies, thesauri, and
10. Experience building taxonomies for machine learning
11. Experience with query languages such as SQL.
12. Master's Degree in Library Science or Information Management or
13. Experience with scripting language such as Python.
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon
race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status,
sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as
an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally
protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants
with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state
and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting
process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a
disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Keywords: Meta, Charleston , Taxonomist - Reality Labs, Healthcare , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!