Executive Healthcare Chef
Company: American Medical Facilities Management
Posted on: February 14, 2020
AMFM is currently seeking an Facilities Chef
- Assists in the planning, developing, organizing, implementing,
evaluating, and directing the Dietary Department, its programs and
activities in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
Participates in making recommended changes to departmental policies
- Assists in the development of the department budget and
maintains costs within budgeted parameters. Maintains current
records/reports that reflect department expenditures.
- Complies with purchasing contracts and programs. Selects food
and supply vendors as allowed. Conducts cost comparisons when
- Work with ancillary departments to determine most cost
effective food items for resident programs and special
- Collaborate with facilities on inventory control
- Reviews and evaluates the departments and makes recommendations
to the Dietary Services Supervisor and/or Administrator.
- Assists in developing and participates in programs designed for
on-the-job training and orientation classes.
- Coordinate or conduct routine in-services for department
personnel, in conjunction with the Dietary Services Supervisor,
registered dietitian and other interdisciplinary team
- Routinely audits the dietary areas and practices for compliance
with current regulations and policies (i.e., meal service,
sanitation, equipment maintenance etc.). Monitors adherence to
- Adheres to facilities menu/recipe program. Enter recipes into
the EHR system.
- Assures that preplanned menus are implemented, food items are
prepared according to the menu and diets, and standardized recipes
- Assist with food service production and service procedures to
ensure that meals are prepared on time and served efficiently
through development of position work schedules/timed
- Checks food production and service to ensure proper safety and
sanitation procedures are maintained through routine meal service,
safety, and sanitation audits.
- Audits food temperatures and quality at point of service
- Participates in long term care and other survey processes when
- Maintains confidentiality of all resident care information to
ensure resident rights are protected.
- Completes work assignments timely and accurately.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS:Bachelors degree Culinary Arts preferred. CDM
license or eligible for CDM within 90 days of hire. Three years
experience in a long term care setting. Food Managers card
Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday. Must be
able to speak and write the English language in an understandable
manner. Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress
of the position. Must possess sight/hearing senses or use
prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so
that the requirements of this position can be fully met. Must
function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity,
and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and
support agencies. Must meet the general health requirements set
forth by the policies of this facility that include a medical and
physical examination. Must be able to relate to and work with ill,
disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile people
within the facility. Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift
a minimum of twenty five (25) pounds and occasionally up to fifty
(50) pounds. May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of
residents during emergency situations.
WORK SCHEDULE:Work at various times; day, evening, or nightshift
and/or as needed including weekends. Requires extensive statewide
travel with overnight stays. This is a salary position
Keywords: American Medical Facilities Management, Charleston , Executive Healthcare Chef, Healthcare , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!