Manager, ICQ Audits
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Accuity was founded in 2016 with the goal of reinventing the
Clinical Documentation Process through MD case review, and MD to MD
education. Over the last six years, we have experienced rapid
growth and are excited to continue in growing our team nationwide.
Learn more about us at www.accuityhealthcare.com
The Manager, Internal Controls & Quality (ICQ) Audit position is
responsible for providing oversight and leadership to the ICQ team
on all audit related activities including serving as a subject
matter expert for medical coding audits and assessments.
The Manager, ICQ Audit, will also assist with the creation and
provision of the organizational Compliance Assessment and Audit
Plan. The Manager, ICQ Audit will collaborate with all Departments
within Accuity to ensure all the trends and audit findings are
identified and formalized into remediation plans and/or education
and are delivered to the appropriate audiences including the
Accuity leadership team.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Manages all internal and external ICQ audit and assessment
initiatives including HITRUST, SOC, PWC assessments, Enterprise
Risk Management, ICQ internal coding and consults on client
- Develops, maintains and reports on the overall Compliance
Assessment and Audit Plan for the organization.
- Performs the quality assurance subject matter expert functions
under the direction of the Sr. Director of ICQ and in accordance
with the approved QA and Assessment and Audit plans.
- Designs and implements programs, policies and practices to
ensure compliance with operational controls, specific laws and
related compliance functions.
- In conjunction with management, formulates and establishes
company policies, operating procedures, process workflows, and
- Evaluates existing policies and procedures to coordinate
internal practices and to ensure operational compliance.
- Ensures compliance with external agencies including state and
federal regulations for ethical coding and compliant queries.
- Implements improvement measures that will enhance overall
organizational quality as well as client satisfaction.
- Identifies patterns, trends, and variations in coding and other
types of data and takes appropriate steps in collaboration with
appropriate departments to affect resolution or explanation of the
- Ensures that information systems support current and future
needs of the department by working closely with the Technology team
in transition planning including but not limited to; testing,
installation, to produce and maintain high quality coding, data
integrity, security and privacy standards, and established HITRUST
and SOC Controls.
- Monitors the initiation, revision, and implementation of
external regulations, statutes, and standards; facilitates
implementation of revised regulations and ensures compliance.
- Organizes and analyzes trend data to be presented as an
educational opportunity and/or used to drive process and outcome
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Graduate degree preferred
- Clinical degree preferred
- CCS, CDIP, or CCDS required
- RHIA, RHIT or CCDS-O preferred
- CPHQ, CHQ preferred
- CPCO, CHPS, CIPP preferred
- Six Sigma or Lean certifications preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the healthcare field
- Experience in a related role or roles in revenue cycle, health
information management, coding services, and/or clinical
documentation improvement preferred
- Experience developing, monitoring and reporting on compliance
assessment and audit plans
- Demonstrated knowledge of both MS and APR-DRG models,
ICD-10-CM, and ICD-10-PCS
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer technology and preferred
knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Preference for action with a solution and process-oriented
- Recognizing, developing, and implementing coding and clinical
documentation best practices
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and able to work independently
with minimal supervision
- Analytical ability to gather and interpret data to identify
areas of opportunity, problems, or issues and apply sound
- Effective at managing team and individual performance
- Leadership skills that demonstrate accountability,
decision-making, coaching and counseling
- Experience in conflict management and problem resolution
- Ability to interpret coding quality audit data, track and trend
the audit results, and convert into applicable education
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills with a client
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Experience with electronic health records and health
- Ability to organize and set priorities to ensure that
objectives are met in a timely manner
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships with staff at every level of the organization
Keywords: Accuity, Charleston , Manager, ICQ Audits, Executive , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...