Company: Rudd Equipment Company
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Summary We are seeking a dependable Parts Manager responsible
for the overall day-to-day operation of the branch Parts
Department. This position will manage personnel assigned to the
group, adhere to company policy, and ensure customer satisfaction
at all times. In addition, this role will manage the flow and
inventory of components from receiving to shipping, ensuring that
the quality and accuracy are of utmost consideration. The Parts
Manager will maintain the branch shop area and all company assets.
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaboratively work with Branch VP and VP of Parts and Product
Support to plan and develop organizational policies and goals.
- Supervise Parts Counter, Parts Warehouse, and RFS Driver
- Evaluate training and staffing needs and carry out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and
- Conduct and/or oversee annual performance evaluations with
- Identify and meet staffing needs.
- Make customer calls as needed.
- Monitor Parts Department performance and adjust to achieve
- Develop and maintain ongoing positive customer relationships by
ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Create and analyze department budgets, financial statements and
business plans, identifying opportunities and creating plans to
streamline and reduce cost while increasing efficiency.
- Review customer pricing and recommend changes to pricing
- Maintain and control Parts Inventory to ensure accurate
- Accurately provide quotes and sell parts - Manage parts
- Responsible for ensuring that the branch Parts Department is in
compliance with all safety codes including keeping updated on all
regulations and codes, creating policies that comply with codes and
communicating the policies to department personnel.
- Ability to analyze financial and operating data to identify
issues or opportunities relative to industry departmental trends.
Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to perform supervisory responsibilities to
effectively manage personnel that includes interviewing, hiring,
training, planning, assign work, performance appraisal, and
- Perform other duties as necessary. Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 2-5 years related manufacturer and/or distributor experience a
- Bachelor's degree or Associate's degree is a plus
- Previous experience working in parts department operations
- Previous experience in a management or supervisory role a
- Product knowledge of parts sold desired
- Knowledge of heavy equipment industry lines of equipment and
competitive initiatives required.
- Fundamental knowledge of inventory control functions
- Possess the ability to creatively define and communicate the
Parts Department operations and execute its vision. Successfully
implement change and measure results.
- Ability to enhance the company's image with current and
- Ability to diplomatically address customer issues and resolve
problems using excellent verbal and written communication
- Can effectively present information and respond to questions
from managers, personnel and customers.
- Possess strong leadership skills including demonstrated ability
to assess development needs of personnel and managing workforce.
Computer SkillsKnowledge of Internal Operating Systems, Microsoft
Office Suite (Excel, Access, Word). Must be comfortable using Excel
to analyze monthly results and develop forecasts and plans.
Physical DemandsWhile performing the duties of this position, the
individual will be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands/fingers
with both fine and gross motor movements, reach with hands and
arms, climb and balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific
vision abilities required by this job includes close vision,
distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work EnvironmentThis job operates in both an office and warehouse
environment. Regular exposure to moving mechanical parts, loud
machinery, and occasional outside weather conditions should be
expected. Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- This is position is classified as full-time, exempt.
- Normal Days of work are Monday through Friday.
- Overtime may be required on occasion as needed. Other
DutiesThis job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the personnel for this job. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change at any time. EEO/AAP
StatementRudd Equipment Company, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy not to
discriminate against any Incumbent or Applicant. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a
disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran. To achieve
our goal of equal opportunity, we maintain an Affirmative Action
Program through which we take good faith efforts to recruit, hire,
and advance in the employment of qualified minorities, women,
persons with disabilities, Vietnam-era veterans, and other
protected veterans. PI202072765
Keywords: Rudd Equipment Company, Charleston , Parts Manager, Executive , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!