Planning Director, Global Supply Chain
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Summary: Meta is seeking a global supply chain leader to be
responsible for supply and demand planning across all supplier
segments, manufacturing models, and product spaces for
Infrastructure (inclusive of compute, storage, and networking
hardware). Span of support for this leadership role will include
planning for new product development, mass production, components,
subassemblies, as well as process, tooling, and other improvement
projects designed to improve productivity.Required Skills: Planning
Director, Global Supply Chain Responsibilities:
- Develop and grow planning team spanning multiple
- Develop an organizational vision for the future of supply chain
planning at Meta.
- Create and ensure the timely delivery of consensus demand
planning signals to support the delivery of compute, storage, and
network gear to our worldwide network of Data Center, Network
Caching, and Backbone points of consumption.
- Develop OEM, ODM, JDM, and CM manufacturing strategies that
address the unique needs of supply chain and manufacturing at
- Own and lead the active management of internal customer/partner
relationships, while driving consensus between cross-functional
groups and leaders.
- Drive development, adoption, maturity and continuous
improvement of integrated business process (IBP) process within the
- Develop, implement, monitor and report on cross-functional key
performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure effective execution,
integration and performance of the new IBP process.
- Participate in shaping supply and demand planning strategies,
capabilities and processes to improve IBP integration and
- Lead supply/demand Managers and partner with cross-functional
partners to standardize planning processes while understanding the
challenges and differences between business groups.
- Drive product success by keeping ourselves and others
accountable for metrics such as forecast accuracy, quarterly
financial variance, inventory utilization, delivery performance,
- Develop and execute on monthly and quarterly reporting and
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or
opportunities to the next management level.
- Partners with Finance and Strategic Planning to support budget
and capital planning processes.
- Present supply and demand recommendations to leadership, drive
timely decisions, and ensure clear and concise communication to all
stakeholders in the supply chain, based on demand planning
scenarios, business forecast and product transitions.
- Own the business requirements development, deployment, and
ongoing enhancement of planning and Sales & Operations Planning
(S&OP)/IBP-like processes, tools and systems to support
multiple supply chains within the Infrastructure team.
- Work with IT system developers to spec, implement, and
validate, new tools/systems.
- Support development of complex, multi-year, supply chain
strategies and implementation plans.
- Champion activities across multiple functional groups within
the larger infrastructure team.
- Design, develop and implement operational learning and
development roadmap for the planning team.
- Partner with Supply Chain Solutions and Operations to design,
develop, and deploy elastic supply chain models that ensure we are
insulated from a variety of risks.Minimum Qualifications: Minimum
- Track record of identifying, developing, and promoting
- Experience delivering planning excellence in demanding
environments. Outsourcing and manufacturing operations experience
for hardware products, to include an understanding of factory and
manufacturing systems and tools. Demonstrated manufacturing
knowledge in multiple manufacturing models.
- Experience in planning of NPI launches, product ramp,
sustaining support, and end-of-life cycle for computer hardware
products in a large-scale environment.
- Experience setting vision and executing reliably. Demonstrated
experience in hiring, training, and developing supply chain
- Experience in cross functional partnership and enabling the
success of others.
- Experience transforming business systems, models, and achieving
results relative to goals. Demonstrated skills questioning the
norm, thinking out-of-bounds, and delivering.Public Compensation:
$206,000/year to $262,000/year + bonus + equity + benefitsIndustry:
InternetEqual Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate
based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected
veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other
applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with
applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to
providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with
disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance
or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at
Keywords: Meta, Charleston , Planning Director, Global Supply Chain, Executive , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!