Sales Engineering Manager
Company: Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Position:Sales Engineering ManagerJob Description:The Arrow
Sales Engineering Manager (SEM) is a technical leader for the IBM
Practice. The Sales Engineers within the practice will report
directly to the SEM and the SEM reports directly to a Sales
Engineering Director. The SEM will have dotted line responsibility
to, and tight alignment with, the IBM Sales Manager(s). The SEM
will have leadership responsibility for the Sales Engineers within
the practice and will also have direct customer interaction as the
technical leader for the practice. The SEM will act as a resource
for the Practice Sales Manager(s) in the case where they have a
specific set of accounts or territory assigned.The Sales
Engineering Manager (SEM) is responsible for recruiting, leading,
coaching and mentoring the team. This team of sales engineers
provides technical expertise through sales calls, presentations,
solution design, product and proof of concept demonstrations,
solution consultation, architecture review, and enablement of Arrow
partners. The SEM possesses a background that includes a history of
technical and business acumen, as well as experience in working
with and guiding pre-sales teams forward. The SEM is expected to
manage the team's activity, conduct one-on-one meetings with their
direct reports, and partner with sales and technical counterparts,
both internal and external, to attain their respective go to market
strategies and revenue/margin goals.What You'll Be Doing
- Recruit and hire new Sales Engineers into the Practice.
- Train, develop and mentor direct reports to most effectively
drive and service Arrow ECS suppliers, partners and sellers.
- Will act as a player/coach for IBM solution demonstrations and
proof of concepts in the Arrow Solutions Lab.
- Act as an escalation point for their team.
- Present and demonstrate Arrow solutions to perspective
customers based on requirements to both technical and non-technical
audiences such as suppliers, partners, and Arrow sales and
- Act as an integral member to the Arrow sales teams by
contributing to the formulation of Arrow strategies and technical
approaches, including pre-sales planning and marketing
- Collaborate with the aligned sales leadership to ensure the
teams are working together to achieve their assigned goals.
- Must coordinate with IBM leaders to hit KPI goals and optimize
rebates and revenue
- Track and manage strategic programs to drive revenue/margin and
increase partner success.
- Spend time shadowing members of their team and use that to
provide feedback and coaching.
- Assist Arrow Sales team in ensuring Partner SE's are trained
and can support Practice area suppliers.
- Foster channel partner relationships with an emphasis on
- Provide technical leadership in partner interactions to include
sharing Practice area trends and best practices being employed by
other partners to actively be part of the selling process-have a
unique value with the partners in your practice area.
- Act as a floating SE and fill in for existing team members if
there is a resource conflict, or vacation coverage challenge.
- Work independently as well as within a team with limited
direction in a fast - paced environment; must be a high energy,
motivated, self-starter and be able to learn and adapt to new
- Drive constant improvement within the team which are tracked
weekly, monthly, quarterly as well as year-over-year.
- Direct account engagement and partner relationshipsWhat Are We
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience
with a 4-year degree; or 6 years and an advanced degree; or
- Must possess and demonstrate leadership experience in previous
- Industry knowledge of IBM Cloud Pak (Data, Integration,
Security, Watson AI Ops, etc.) solutions and modern
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a
- Must have experience utilizing Microsoft Office Products,
Salesforce, GoTo Webinar and other presentation tools.
- 25-50% of travel requiredThe Skills That Will Help You Succeed
- Understanding of Data Intelligence and Dev/Ops technologies:
IBM Big Data Analytics and Watson and AI Ops, RedHat OpenShift and
Ansible, Splunk, Kubernetes, Harness IO, etc.
- Understanding of Cloud Technologies, especially around IBM
Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform,
etc.What's In It For You:At Arrow, we recognize that financial
rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job.
That's why we offer competitive financial compensation, including
various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- And more!Annual Hiring Range/Hourly Rate:$90,500.00 -
$184,800.00Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from
posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work
experience, education, and/or skill level. The pay ratio between
base pay and target incentive (if applicable) will be finalized at
offer. Location:US-GA-Georgia (Remote Employees)Remote work
employees may be required to be present at the closest designated
Arrow office for work-related purposes, at the Company's request
and sole discretion.Time Type:Full timeJob Category:SalesEEO
Statement:Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants
will be considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP
policy)Arrow COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:Arrow requires new
employees in the United States to provide proof of full COVID-19
vaccination prior to beginning work, except where prohibited by
law. This requirement may not apply to supply-chain service
employees assigned to work at a light industrial facility,
warehouse, distribution center, or in-plant store, who are instead
subject to location-specific safety requirements.
Keywords: Arrow Electronics, Inc., Charleston , Sales Engineering Manager, Executive , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!