Area Manager - Heavy Highway (Bridge / Roadway) (15445)
Company: Kokosing, Inc.
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Kokosing Construction Company, Inc. (www.kokosing.biz) is one of
America's 60 largest General Contractors and services a broad
spectrum of clients in both the private and public business
sectors. Kokosing's services include the construction of highways,
bridges, asphalt and concrete pavement, and underground utilities.
For 70 years, Kokosing has successfully attracted the most
qualified technical personnel in the construction industry by
offering visible challenges, superior quality, and attractive
rewards. With over $800 million in annual sales and a commitment to
its workforce, Kokosing Construction Company, Inc. is the winning
We are seeking an Area Manager (Heavy Highway - Roadway/Bridge
projects) in the Western Pennsylvania and West Virginia region.
- Provide overall management direction for a regional
"mega-project" or multiple large and small regional Heavy Highway
projects - i.e. plans, directs, and coordinates
- Ensures that all projects and goals are accomplished within
prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the
following duties personally or through subordinate
- Manages Project Engineers/Project Managers, Superintendents and
Foremen who supervise construction employees; charged with overall
direction, coordination and evaluation of team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine the timeframe,
funding limitations, project procedures, staffing requirements, and
available resources to various phases of project.
- Oversees the work plan and staffing for each phase of project
to ensure coverage and identify/solve any potential gaps.
- Oversees project staff's work plan, assign
duties/responsibilities and authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to
ensure work progresses on schedule and within prescribed
- Reviews status reports from project personnel and modifies
schedules/plans as needed.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and
to resolve problems.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of governmental
agencies and subcontractors.
- Understands and is able to analyze and execute CPM-based
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Construction
- (15+) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Kokosing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
including medical, life, and disability insurance, paid time off
and a 401K plan.
Kokosing is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action
federal and state contractor. The company does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any
other protected class.
Headquartered in Westerville, Ohio, Kokosing is one of the largest
family-owned construction companies in the Midwest. Kokosing's
business lines include industrial, transportation, buildings,
pipelines, environmental, and marine work. Kokosing family of
companies is made up of multiple companies including Kokosing
Industrial, Kokosing Construction Company and Corna Kokosing. Known
for unwavering integrity and exceptional safety and quality,
Kokosing's companies provide extensive resources for its
Keywords: Kokosing, Inc., Charleston , Area Manager - Heavy Highway (Bridge / Roadway) (15445), Executive , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!