Business Office Manager
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Overview:Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Benefit plan package
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Associate Compassion Fund
- Associate Discounts
- Identity theft protection
- Pet savings and insurance plans
- Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
- Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption Benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
- Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all
associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held
religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and
regulations.Responsibilities:Responsible for the direct management
and supervision of the business office at a community. Coordinates
and oversees all human resources, payroll, billing, and operational
processes within the department. May also directly supervise
housekeeping staff. Monitors efficiency levels within the business
unit and financial resource utilization. Assists in and ensures
efficient and effective communication with other departments.
Oversees the day-to-day operations of the business office,
including staffing coverage and management.
- Organizes office operations and procedures such as typing, flow
of correspondence, filing, and other operational duties. Evaluates
office production, revises procedures, and devises new forms to
improve efficiency of work flow.
- Processes orders for all necessary equipment and supplies.
Orders within budgetary guidelines and maintains inventory
- Accounts for administrative budget and provides reports to
management as requested.
- Promotes personal and professional growth of staff and conducts
performance reviews. Places ads; interviews and makes hiring
decisions regarding open positions. Works with human resources on
disciplinary situations and meets with associates to discuss issues
- Reviews weekly payroll reports and addresses associate payroll
concerns. Works with Corporate Payroll to resolve issues.
- Completes or assists with special projects as requested by
community or senior management.
- Maintains associate personnel files. Completes staff training
and orientation as needed.
- Conducts community tours to prospective residents and their
- Reviews and submits invoices to accounts payable for
- Monitors billing errors and long-distance coverage problems of
telephone systems. Contacts provider to resolve issues.
- Oversees mail room activities.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her
supervisor.Qualifications:Education and Experience
Associates degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or
technical school; minimum of one to three years related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
experience. Minimum of five years experience in an office setting.
Previous managerial experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions
within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve
moderately complex problems based on precedent, example,
reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a
thorough understanding of the organization and work environment.
Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Proficient with
computer use and software applications. Effective written and oral
communication skills. Ability to speak effectively before groups of
customers or associates of an organization. Must possess excellent
organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities. Consistently
demonstrates sound judgment in the day-to-day operations and
interaction with associates and residents. Promotes and maintains
positive relationships and rapport with co-workers, patients,
family members, and facility personnel. Projects a positive and
professional image at all times. Working knowledge of basic
accounting terminology and processes.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Charleston , Business Office Manager, Executive , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!