Account Manager (5600)
Company: Securitas Security Services Usa, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2020
JOB SUMMARY: Manages the security services and related
operations provided to an assigned
account including client service and problem resolution, service
enhancement and expansion, new
business development, operational effectiveness, preparation of
post orders, staffing, scheduling,
supervision and training.
Performs a variety of management functions for assigned account;
may be assigned a rank, as defined
by client contract. Does not perform Security Officer duties except
on a limited, relief or emergency
* The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job.
Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The
employee might not be required to perform all functions listed.
Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified,
according to business necessity.
* All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the
essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to
the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other
* Employees are held accountable for successful job performance.
Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may
include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically
* In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required
to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company
policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety
rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors
upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
* All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an
honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in
conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the
event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and
procedures, employees are required to request clarification or
explanations from superiors or authorized company
* Serves as a key point of client contact to ensure the delivery of
high quality customer service for assigned account; evaluates
service quality and initiates any necessary corrective action in a
* Meets regularly with client representatives for status updates;
addresses any actual or potential problems; assists line management
in negotiation of client contract; provides support during client
start-up; supports security planning, assessments and surveys;
reviews and updates post orders.
* Oversees, coordinates with line management, and participates in
the recruitment, selection, orientation, training, development and
retention of high caliber staff; acts to ensure that each staff
member is treated with dignity and respect; plans, assigns, and
directs work; coaches employees and carries out disciplinary
actions, as necessary.
* Assists in development and administration of budget in relation
to assigned account.
* Maintains a positive, professional environment in full compliance
with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures; acts to
ensure that staff members understand and comply with applicable
laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
* Within scope of client contract and assigned duties, authorizes
appropriate expenditures including equipment, supplies, and
vehicles; acts to ensure that vehicles are properly maintained and
administers driver training; acts to ensure that there is an
adequate inventory of uniforms, radios, and other supplies and
equipment; maintains and submits payroll records and other
associate and business information.
* Prepares and coordinates staffing schedules for account, in
collaboration with line management as necessary; acts to ensure
that scheduling is handled effectively to meet client requirements
while controlling labor costs; reviews Security Officer site
reports to verify post orders and client directives have been
satisfactorily followed; personally inspects all posts as part the
evaluation of security staff.
* Provides input to company initiatives; promptly assists in the
resolution of legal, financial, human resources, and administrative
* Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as
required for assigned account.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference,
depending upon the nature of the position.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or
* Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
* Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
* Must have a High School Diploma or GED. If not, must be willing
to complete the GED program within six months.
* Must be willing to participate in the Company s pre-employment
screening process, including drug screen and background
Associate s Degree and 3 years of responsible experience in the
industry and/or business management, or an equivalent combination
of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential
functions of the job, as determined by the company. Additional
relevant experience can be substituted for the required education
on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic
year of education.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or
* If required for assigned accounts, must be able to meet and
continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal
licensing requirements for Security Officers.
* Must be able to meet and continue to meet requirements for
specific skills, certifications or authorizations specified for the
* Knowledge of security operations and procedures.
* Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures.
* Skill in staff supervision, including assigning work and
providing training and discipline.
* Ability to provide positive direction and motivate
* Understanding of a variety of security and safety devices and
* Ability to track and maintain schedule assignments.
* Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with
* Knowledge of business operations management and human resources
* Use of personal computer and spreadsheet software.
* Ability to synthesize business/financial data and develop
* Planning, organizing and leadership skills.
* Oral and written communications skills.
* Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
* Ability to interact effectively at various social levels and
across diverse cultures.
* Ability to be an effective leader and member of project
* Ability to take initiative and achieve results.
* Ability to carry out multiple assignments concurrently.
* Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and
mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In
addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
* Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives,
clients, staff, and the public, occasionally under conditions of
urgency and in pressure situations.
* Must undergo and meet company standards for background and
reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral
* Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
We are a nationwide provider of security solutions with many
employment opportunities across the country. We are an equal
opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Our core
values are integrity, vigilance and compliance. Therefore, we are
looking for individuals to join our organization who share the same
Keywords: Securitas Security Services Usa, Inc., Charleston , Account Manager (5600), Executive , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!