Company: GeoStabilization International
Posted on: July 13, 2019
Overview GSI has an immediate opening for a Project Engineer,
primarily focused on work located within the Pennsylvania and/or
West Virginia area. The Project Engineer is a member of the
Northeastern Regional Team assisting with the priorities lined out
by the Regional Director. The Project Engineer will work with
engineering staff (Field Engineers, Project Engineers, Regional
Engineers), Project Managers, Project Development Engineers, and
regional leadership (Operations Manager, Northeast Region Director)
to support development, design, planning, and execution of
geotechnical and geohazard mitigation construction projects
- Work directly with the Regional Engineers and Project
Development Engineers to develop economical solutions and designs
for difficult and challenging geohazard issues (slope stability,
rockfall, ground improvement, difficult-access shoring or
- Perform site reconnaissance and slope investigation through
steep terrain, with high rope access and rappelling as
- Perform engineering calculations and analyses --- including
slope stability modeling, rockfall simulation, geotechnical and
structural analysis of mechanical stabilization, foundation design
--- and prepare written engineering calculation packages.
- Critically review plans and specifications. Develop project
take-offs and construction estimates.
- Provide proposal or bid preparation and project
- Confer with management and engineering staff to implement plans
- Perform field engineering requirements, including construction
support and quality assurance/observation, quality control testing,
as-built documentation, quantity measurements.
- Troubleshoot and rectify operational problems that occur.
- Communicate both written and verbally with the Project Manager
and/or Regional Engineer regarding design changes and
- Communicate with other GSI departments regarding design, design
changes, and process improvements.
- Regularly and frequently interact with clients.
- Represent GSI at industry events and engineering conferences,
and present technical presentations.
- Support internal research and development efforts.
Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. --
- Self-starter, self-motivated, self-monitoring.
- Good "people skills" to work in an environment of teamwork and
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to manage several projects of various complexities
- Flexibility to continually prioritize tasks at hand.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively and to work in a
fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Knowledge and use of proper drafting techniques.
- Ability to read and extract information from project plans and
- Technical writing skills.
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Understand regional geology, geomorphology, and slope stability
- Strong analytical, conceptual, organizational skills.
- Possess a valid driver---s license in good standing.
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel
and management. -- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE --
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering with at least 3
years of experience.
- MS degree in Civil Engineering (Geotechnical Engineering
preferred) with at least 2 years of experience.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and AutoCAD. Experience in
Rocscience software suite preferred.
- EIT required, PE preferred -- LANGUAGE SKILLS --
- Proficient in reading and writing English. -- -- PHYSICAL
DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. --
- Must be able to work for long periods of time sitting and
working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 80lbs. -- WORK ENVIRONMENT-- The
work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Required to work in all weather conditions that can be very
- Required travel up to 75% of the time as needed.
- Must be able to perform administrative duties working from a
truck, home office or out in the field. GeoStabilization
International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other
status protected by applicable law.
Keywords: GeoStabilization International, Charleston , Project Engineer, Engineering , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!