Highway Engineer II
Company: Weston & Sampson
Posted on: January 12, 2019
Your world is always changing, and so are we. Weston & Sampson offers interdisciplinary design, engineering, and environmental services that make the world a better place. Innovative and reliable, we've worked to improve the communities where you live, WORK, and play for more than a century. Come join us as we grow. Weston & Sampson is an employee-owned, mid-size company with public and private clients throughout the eastern United States. With over 550 professionals and counting, we are experiencing rapid growth and are excited about our upcoming move to a new corporate headquarters located along Route 128 in Reading, Massachusetts. Looking for talented staff to join our team, Weston & Sampson encourages professional growth and achievement; offers a comfortable, collaborative working environment; and provides training, resources, and state-of-the-art tools/equipment to promote success. In addition to a welcoming, inclusive corporate culture, Weston & Sampson offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including health/dental/vision, paid holidays and vacation, 401K plan with employer match, and an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP). Weston & Sampson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If interested, please submit resume through our career portal on our website: Weston & Sampson is expanding our Transportation practice in the Southeast. We are looking for a Highway Engineer with 2-7 years of experience who will perform both field and office work in multiple disciplines such as transportation/highway design, site civil design, drainage/stormwater, and construction administration. Responsibilities will include:
- Effective client management
- Preparation of plans for municipal, county and state transportation facilities and civil site related projects
- Stormwater including hydrology and hydraulic studies, reports, site plans, grading and utility plans, erosion control plans and roadway design.
- Attendance at public informational and client meetings may also be required.
- Responsibilities will expand as experience is gained.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent Microstation and Geopak/Open Road skills required; familiarity with AutoCAD a plus
- Ability to complete multiple tasks concurrently
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering is required.
- PE certification in South Carolina is desired.
- Some overtime and local travel may be required.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Keywords: Weston & Sampson, Charleston , Highway Engineer II, Engineering , Charleston, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!